Dismissal. Reduced Penalties. Alternative Sentencing.

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Criminal Defense
  4.  » Defending Young People

Felony and Misdemeanor Lawyer Fairfield, California

In California’s criminal justice system, juveniles are typically grouped in three age subsets: under 12, 12-15 years old and 16-17 years old. Law enforcement may arrest juveniles for allegations of a felony or misdemeanor, including:

  • Property crimes
  • Trespassing
  • Drug violations
  • Assault
  • Battery
  • Weapons offenses
  • Other crimes of violence

A juvenile may also be arrested for committing a status offense such as:

  • Curfew violations
  • Truancy
  • Running away
  • Incorrigibility
  • Other status offenses

If your child is facing or contending with an arrest, call the Law Office of Carol Long, Prof. Corp. at 707-900-4459. Ms. Long helps families in Solano, Contra Costa and Alameda counties.

Protect Your Juvenile’s Future

Working with an experienced criminal defense attorney can help safeguard your child’s future. Law enforcement is not always focusing on the best interests of your child when considering factors such as a prior, if any, arrest record, the seriousness of the allegations or discerning recourse when determining disposition of your child’s arrest.

While police and sheriff’s departments have breadth for charting the course forward, they may unnecessarily refer your child’s case for harsh penalties. Navigating through the justice system and getting input from the public including school officers, public and private agencies, neighbors, and others can be overwhelming without the help of an experienced attorney.

Attorney Carol Long is serious about defending young people. She will fight to get the best possible result, which may include closing the case at intake, informal probation and diversion programs, among other alternatives. Ms. Long will also be at your side if your child’s case becomes a matter in the adult court.

Contact A Compassionate And Experienced Juvenile Defense Attorney

You and your child have options. If your child is in trouble with the law, call the Law Office of Carol Long at 707-900-4459 to learn about the best method to protect your child’s best interests and future. You may also email Ms. Long to request a confidential consultation.